Venom (1971 film)
|Directed by||Peter Sykes|
|Produced by||Michael Pearson|
Kenneth F. Rowles
|Screenplay by||Donald Ford|
Christopher Wicking (additional dialogue)
|Based on||an original story by Stephen Collins|
|Music by||John Simco Harrison|
|Edited by||Stephen Collins|
|Distributed by||Cupid Productions (UK)|
New Line Cinema (USA)
- Simon Brent as Paul Greville
- Neda Arnerić as Anna
- Sheila Allen as Ellen
- Derek Newark as Johann
- Terence Soall as Lutgermann
- Gerard Heinz as Huber
- Gertan Klauber as Kurt
- Sean Gerrad as Rudi
- Bette Vivian as Frau Kessler
- Ray Barron as Young Man
- Billy Reid as Gang member
- George Fisher as Gang member
- Nosher Powell as Gang member
Time Out London gave the film a mixed review, criticizing the film's script as being "full of holes", but commended the film's "tautly visual" action, and imaginative direction. Dave Sindelar of Fantastic Movie Musings and Ramblings gave the film a negative review, criticizing the film's confusing plot, "jagged" direction, and poor camerawork.
- "VENOM | British Board of Film Classification". bbfc.co.uk.
- VENOM Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 41, Iss. 480, (Jan 1, 1974): 136.
- "The Legend of Spider Forest (1974) - Peter Sykes". Allmovie.com. Allmovie. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Venom 1971, directed by Peter Sykes". TimeOut.com. Time Out London. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Sindelar, Dave. "The Legend of Spider Forest (1971)". FantasticMovieMusings.com. Fantastic Movie Musings and Ramblings. Retrieved 19 November 2019.