Vejle Municipality (Danish: Vejle Kommune) is a municipality (kommune) in the Region of Southern Denmark on the Jutland peninsula in southeast Denmark. The municipality covers an area of 1,058.43 km2 (408.66 sq mi) (2013) (www.noegletal.dk], and has a population of 112,151 (1 April 2016). Its mayor is Arne Sigtenbjerggaard, a member of the liberal party Venstre. Vejle Municipality's offices are located in its largest population center, the city of Vejle.
Vejle as seen from the Vejle Fjord Bridge
|Seat||City of Vejle|
|• Mayor||Arne Sigtenbjerggaard (Venstre)|
In its current configuration, Vejle Municipality was formed under the Municipal Reform of 2007 (Kommunalreformen) by merging the previously existing Vejle Municipality with the neighboring municipalities of Børkop, Egtved, Give (except for properties in two parishes Lindeballe and Ringive occupied by Billund Airport, which became part of Billund Municipality), Jelling, as well as the parish of Grejs, which formerly belonged to the municipality of Tørring-Uldum.
The central administration of the Region of Southern Denmark is in Vejle, located in the former Vejle County offices at Damhaven 12.
|Largest cities and villages in Vejle Municipality|
Below are the municipal councils elected since the Municipal Reform of 2007.
|2005||10||1||1||8||4||7||31||70.3%||Leif Skov (A)|
|2009||8||1||2||5||4||11||66.0%||Arne Sigtenbjerggaard (V)|
|2017||11||1||2||3||1||3||10||70.5%||Jens Ejner Christensen (V)|
|Data from Kmdvalg.dk 2005, 2009, 2013 and 2017|
- "Vi er landets mest ambitiøse business region" [We are the country's most ambitious business region] (in Danish). trekantomraadet.dk. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Tal og statistik" [Figures and Statistics] (in Danish). Byregion Østjylland. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Danmarks Statistikbank
- Byråd og udvalg
- Municipality's official website
- Vejle municipal Atlas (In Danish)
- Vejle Byhistoriske Arkiv & Stadsarkiv (City Historical Archive) (In Danish, some English)