Vejen with a population of 9,736 (1 January 2019) is the main town in Vejen Municipality, Denmark.
Town hall of Vejen
The location of Vejen in Denmark
|Coordinates: 55.47736°N 9.13794°E|
|Region||Southern Denmark (Syddanmark)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The town is situated in the Danish region of Syddanmark and is a railway town at the railway between the cities of Kolding and Esbjerg.
The Vejen Art Museum specializes in works from the end of the 19th century in styles including Symbolism and Art Nouveau.
The food industry is a major employer. Major companies include Eurofins Steins Laboratorium, with 425 employees (2015), Danish Crown and Aquapris, a manufacturer of fish products.
- Peter Petersen (1892–1964) a Danish sports shooter, competed at the 1920 and 1924 Summer Olympics
- Arne Petersen (1913–1990) a Danish cyclist, competed in the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Ingrid Vang Nyman (1916–1959) a Danish illustrator of the Pippi Longstocking books
- Mads Conrad-Petersen (born 1988 in Brørup) a Danish badminton player
- BY3: population 1st January, by urban areas The Mobile Statbank from Statistics Denmark
- "Vejen Kunstmuseum". Den Store Danske (in Danish). Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Vejen elsker fødevareindustrien" (in Danish). Food Supply. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.