Coat of arms
Location of Vehmaa in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°41.2′N 021°42.8′E|
|• Municipal manager||Pekka Seppälä|
|• Total||202.09 km2 (78.03 sq mi)|
|• Land||188.77 km2 (72.88 sq mi)|
|• Water||13.32 km2 (5.14 sq mi)|
|Area rank||266th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||258th largest in Finland|
|• Density||12.15/km2 (31.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.4%|
|• 15 to 64||62.2%|
|• 65 or older||21.4%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.5%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Southwest Finland region. The municipality has a population of 2,294 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 202.09 square kilometres (78.03 sq mi) of which 13.32 km2 (5.14 sq mi) is water. The population density is 12.15 inhabitants per square kilometre (31.5/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The church of Vehmaa was probably built between in the 14th or 15th century. The pulpit was installed in the 17th century, and the other interior is from the 1840s. The church was dedicated to Saint Margaret.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Vehmaa Church, Vehmaa, Finland - SpottingHistory.com". Spottinghistory.com. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Churches in Finland". Muuka.com. Retrieved 28 December 2017.