Until Nothing Remains
Until Nothing Remains (German: Bis nichts mehr bleibt) is a German fictional film depicting a story about Scientology and its effects upon converts. In the film, a young couple are brought into Scientology by means of manipulation. "Eventually, the husband decides to leave the group, losing not only his wife in the process, but also his young child and a big portion of his family's inheritance, which his wife has donated to the church." The film is reportedly based on the real-life experiences of a German man named Heiner von Rönn.
|Until Nothing Remains|
|Written by||Niki Stein|
|Directed by||Niki Stein|
|Country of origin||Germany|
|Running time||89 minutes|
It was reported that the Church of Scientology opposed the release of the film, which aired Wednesday, March 31, 2010 on the German ARD public-television network.
According to German news magazine Der Spiegel, the broadcast was watched by "8.69 million viewers (market share of 27.1 percent)". Wednesday film ratings are "usually between four and six million viewers."
- Kirchner, Stephanie (24 March 2010). "German Movie Angers Scientologists, Prompts Rival Film - TIME". Time magazine. Berlin. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- Müller, Martin U. (2 February 2010). "Based on a True Story: TV Movie Portrays Dark Side of Scientology". Hamburg, DE: Der Spiegel Online. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- Connolly, Kate (March 11, 2010). "Scientologists try to block 'intolerant' German feature film". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- "Scientologists try to ban critical German feature film". Telegraph. London. 12 March 2010. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- Bates, Theunis (13 March 2010). "Scientologists Accuse German Film of 'Intolerance'". AOL News. Archived from the original on 2010-06-12. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- "Bis nichts mehr bleibt: Quotenerfolg für Scientology-Film" [Until Nothing Remains ratings success for Scientology film] (in German). Der Spiegel Online. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 2012-10-12. (Eng. tr.)
- Fröhlingsdorf, Michael (25 March 2010). "Scientology gegen ARD: "Geschichten, die vorne und hinten nicht stimmen"" [Scientology versus ARD: "Stories that are not true front and rear"] (in German). Der Spiegel online. Retrieved 2012-10-12. (Eng. tr)
- Until Nothing Remains on IMDb
- Until Nothing Remains on XENU TV
- The Soul Catchers (German: Die Seelenfänger), a documentary broadcast in connection with the movie, that details the story of Heiner von Rönn and others.