United States Marine Corps Training and Education Command
The Marine Corps Training and Education Command (TECOM) is the primary training command of the United States Marine Corps
|Marine Corps Training and Education Command|
Seal of the United States Marine Corps Training and Education Command
|Role||Training and education|
|Part of||Headquarters Marine Corps|
|Garrison/HQ||MCB Quantico, Virginia, U.S.|
|Motto(s)||"Today's student, tomorrow's leader!"|
|MajGen Kevin M. Iiams, USMC|
Command within TECOM
There are two major commands that fall under TECOM – the Education Command and the Training Command.
Training command has control over all of the training throughout the Marine Corps, including Officer Candidate School and the various formal schools that train Marines throughout the entire world.
Some of the major units within Training Command are:
Education Command governs all of the training plans and policies that are instituted Corps-wide. This includes the Marine Corps Institute (MCI) courses and the Command and Staff College.
Some of the major units within Education Command are:
TECOM supervises a number of semi-autonomous commands that provide training and education to units throughout the Marine Corps.
- Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron One (MAWTS-1) conducts training for aviation units, most notably the Weapons and Tactics Instructor (WTI) course at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma.
- Mountain Warfare Training Center trains air and ground units for warfare in mountainous, high-altitude, and cold weather environments.
- The MAGTF Staff Training Program (MSTP) focuses on training unit commanders and their staff on operations in joint (multi-service) and combined warfare units.
- The Tactical Training and Exercise Control group (TTECG) conducts several Combined Arms exercises a year called "ITX" Integrated Training Exercises
(EMV) in support of Marine Corps units aboard MAGTFTC Twentynine Palms, California. (Effective 1 Oct 2012, Enhanced Mojave Viper is renamed Integrated Training Exercise or "ITX" (E-ITX for the Enhanced exercise) due to changes in funding, and changes in the future role of Marine Corps combat forces as the drawdown from Operation Enduring Freedom continues.)
- Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) conducts training for battle staff teams of battalions and regiments, most notably the Operations and Tactics Instructor (OTI) Course, where students learn skills in operational management of battle staffs.
- Official website
- Marine Corps Training and Education Command at the Wayback Machine (archived 19 October 2000)