Undercover Doctor is a 1939 American crime film directed by Louis King, written by William R. Lipman and Horace McCoy, and starring Lloyd Nolan, Janice Logan, J. Carrol Naish, Heather Angel, Broderick Crawford and Robert Wilcox. It was released on June 9, 1939, by Paramount Pictures.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Louis King|
|Produced by||Edward T. Lowe Jr.|
|Screenplay by||William R. Lipman|
J. Carrol Naish
|Music by||John Leipold|
|Cinematography||William C. Mellor|
|Edited by||Arthur P. Schmidt|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Dr. Bartley Morgan appears to be a highly respectable doctor, and runs a profitable private practice with his nurse Margaret Hopkins. Underneath his respectable veneer he is engaged in a range of illegalities. The FBI agent Robert Anders has to catch on to Morgan's illicit activities.
- Lloyd Nolan as Robert Anders
- Janice Logan as Margaret Hopkins
- J. Carrol Naish as Dr. Bartley Morgan
- Heather Angel as Cynthia Weld
- Broderick Crawford as Eddie Krator
- Robert Wilcox as Tom Logan
- Richard Carle as Elmer Porter
- Stanley Price as Johnny Franklin
- John Eldredge as Gordon Kingsley
- George Meeker as Dapper Dan Barr
- Raymond Hatton as Dizzy Warner
- Phil Warren as Spats Edwards
- Paul Fix as Monk Jackson
- Richard Denning as Frank Oliver
- Paul E. Burns as Mack Belton
- Paul Stanton as Courtney Weld
- Clem Bevans as Sam Whitmore
- Charles Trowbridge as Lt. Watson
- Charles Williams as Pinky Valkus
- "Undercover Doctor (1939) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- Nugent, Frank S. (1939-06-01). "Movie Review - Undercover Doctor - THE SCREEN; The G-Men Find a B-Picture in 'Undercover Doctor,' at Criterion-'Street of Missing Men' at Rialto". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-06-25.