Umuarama is a city of the Brazilian state of Paraná. Its population was 110,590 inhabitants in 2018. Umuarama is one of the most important cities in Paraná, one of the three states of southern Brazil. The city elevation is 430 m (1,300 feet) above sea level and the rainfall is about 1600mm/year (63 inches/yr). Umuarama is known as "The Capital of Friendship".
Capital da Amizade (Capital of Friendship)
Location of Umuarama
|Coordinates: 23°45′57″S 53°19′30″W|
|Founded||July 4, 1955|
|• Mayor||Celso Pozzobom (PSD)|
|• Total||1,227.425 km2 (473.911 sq mi)|
|Elevation||430 m (1,410 ft)|
|• Density||90/km2 (230/sq mi)|
The municipality was founded in 1955, and colonized by Companhia Melhoramentos Norte do Paraná, a company that settled an important number of cities in Northern Paraná.
There are a lot of places to visit in Umuarama, the most important are:
- Expo Umuarama
- Aratimbó Lake
- Uirapuru Park
- Park of Xetas (also known as Indian's Park)
- The replica of Eiffel Tower at the Estância Paris
- Tucuruvi Lake
Umuarama is served by Orlando de Carvalho Airport.
- 618 Industries
- 20 Bank agencies
- 7 Hospitals
- 4 Universities (State University of Maringá, Unipar, FGU and Alfa)
- 58 Graduation Courses
- 10 Radio Stations
- 50,569 Vehicles (1.97 inhabitants per vehicle)
- 100,000 Trees
|Climate chart (explanation)|
- "Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics" (PDF). 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
2018 Estimates of Population
- Índice de Desenvolvimento Humano - Municipal, 1991 e 2000