Ulvila (Swedish: Ulvsby) is a town and municipality of Finland. It is one of the six medieval cities of Finland, as well as the third oldest in the country. Its position as city was taken over by Pori in the 16th century.
Coat of arms
Location of Ulvila in Finland
|Coordinates: 61°26′N 021°54′E|
|Charter (as a town)||1365|
|Lost town privileges||1558|
|Gained town privileges||2000|
|• Town manager||Jukka Moilanen|
|• Total||422.51 km2 (163.13 sq mi)|
|• Land||400.70 km2 (154.71 sq mi)|
|• Water||21.82 km2 (8.42 sq mi)|
|Area rank||204th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||81st largest in Finland|
|• Density||32.47/km2 (84.1/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||18.1%|
|• 15 to 64||64.1%|
|• 65 or older||17.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Satakunta region. The municipality has a population of 13,009 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 422.51 square kilometres (163.13 sq mi) of which 21.82 km2 (8.42 sq mi) is water. The population density is 32.47 inhabitants per square kilometre (84.1/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Results of the Finnish municipal elections 2012 in Ulvila:
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Satakunnan vaalipiiri - Ulvila - Puolueiden kannatus" (in Finnish). Yle. 6 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Town of Ulvila – Official website, finnish, english