Ukrainian Census (2020)
The 2020 Ukrainian Census (Ukrainian: Всеукраїнський перепис населення) will be conducted by the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. The last census (and so far the only census held in independent Ukraine) was conducted in 2001; tentatively, the next census was supposed to be conducted ten years later, according to standards set by the United Nations.
However, the census was delayed every year, until September 2013, when the second Azarov Government set the census' date in 2016. In December 2015 the second Yatsenyuk Government postponed the census' date to 2020. In October 2019 the State Statistics Service of Ukraine confirmed that the national census is planned to be held from 10 November to 23 December 2020.
The 2001 census recorded the population of Ukraine as 48,457,100 people. By 2018, that population had dropped down to 43,952,300.
- (in Ukrainian) Всеукраїнський перепис населення заплановано на кінець 2020-го ('An all-Ukrainian population census is planned for the end of 2020'), Ukrayinska Pravda (9 October 2019)
- Ukrainian population census will be held in 2020 – Cabinet decree, Interfax-Ukraine (22 December 2015)
- "Census of the population is transferred to 2016". Dzerkalo Tzhnia. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Main Points in Brief". All-Ukrainian population census 2001. State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "People and Society: Ukraine". CIA World Factbook. Retrieved 3 June 2019.