US Youth Soccer National Championships
The US Youth Soccer National Championships consists of six age groups (Under 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19). The finals are a result of competitions in every state known as the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series. Regional winners advance to the National Championships as well as the top two teams from the US Youth Soccer National League.
The US Youth Soccer National League competition is for the nation's top teams in the Under-14, Under-15, Under-16, Under-17 and Under-18 boys and girls age groups, consisting of a total of 16 teams, split into two divisions, per gender age group. The top two teams from each of the two divisions in each gender age group advances to the US Youth Soccer National Championships.
Each team must provide a game ball for each game. The teams are given a fifteen-minute grace period before forfeit is declared. The team listed first is the home team and they get to choose what jerseys they want to wear, although if there is a conflict in jerseys the home team must change. The coaches are responsible for the behavior of themselves other coaches and their players. Each player must wear an official uniform and MUST wear shin guards.
Each age group, both boys and girls, will be divided into two, three, or four sub-groups. The teams in each sub-group will play one another in a round robin. Advancement to the semi-final bracket of each age group, both boys and girls, is determined by the round robin results.
Round Robin Points: Three for a win, One for a tie, Zero for a loss.
This system shall be used to determine the sub-group winner at the end of the round robin, when there is a tie and it is necessary to resolve a tie:
(1) Winner of head to head competition
(2) Most Wins
(3) Goal differential - (Maximum 4 goals/game)
(4) Fewest goals allowed (three (3) game total)
(5) FIFA Penalty Kicks (immediately following the round robin games)
Two Sub-Groups of Four:
Semi-Final #1: Group A Winner vs Group B Runner-up.
Semi-Final#2: Group B Winner vs Group A Runner-up.
Three Sub-Groups of Four:
Semi-Final #1: Group A Winner vs the Wildcard.
Semi-Final #2: Group B Winner vs Group C Winner.
Four Sub-Groups of Four:
Semi-Final#1: Group A Winner vs Group D Winner. Semi-Final#2: Group B Winner vs Group C Winner.
Age Group / Game Length / Overtime Periods / Ball Size
- U19 / Two 45’ halves / Two 15’ halves / #5
- U18 / Two 45’ halves / Two 15’ halves / #5
- U17 / Two 45’ halves / Two 15’ halves / #5
- U16 / Two 40’ halves / Two 15’ halves / #5
- U15 / Two 40’ halves / Two 15’ halves / #5
- U14 / Two 35’ halves / Two 10’ halves / #5
- U13 / Two 35’ halves / Two 10’ halves / #5
- U12 / Two 30’ halves / Two 10’ halves / #4
2012 National Champions
- U14 Boys - Santa Barbara SC White (CA-S)
- U14 Girls - MSC Coyotes Green (MD)
- U15 Boys - Fullerton Rangers (CA-S)
- U15 Girls - Legends FC (CA-S)
- U16 Boys - Michigan Jaguars (MI)
- U16 Girls - BRYC Elite(VA)
- U17 Boys - Galaxy Blue (IL)
- U17 Girls - VSA Heat Blue (VA)
- U18 Boys - Florida Rush Nike (FL)
- U18 Girls - FC Penn Strikers (PA-E)
- U19 Boys - Crew Juniors (OH-S)
- U19 Girls - CCSC Sol (FL)
- "US Youth Soccer". usyouthsoccer.org. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15.
- "2010-2011 Region I Championships Rules and Regulations" (PDF). Retrieved 30 October 2014.