USCGC Tahoe (1928)
USCGC Tahoe (1928) was a Lake-class cutter of the United States Coast Guard launched on 12 June 1928 and commissioned on 8 November 1928. After 13 years of service with the Coast Guard, she was transferred to the Royal Navy as part of the Lend-Lease Act.
USCGC Tahoe; underway, pre-World War II.
|Name:||USCGC Tahoe (1928)|
|Builder:||Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation|
|Laid down:||5 December 1927|
|Launched:||12 June 1928|
|Commissioned:||18 November 1928|
|Decommissioned:||30 April 1941|
|Fate:||Transferred to Royal Navy, 30 April 1941|
|Name:||HMS Fishguard (Y59)|
|Commissioned:||30 April 1941|
|Fate:||Returned to USCG, 27 March 1946|
|Fate:||Sold, 24 October 1947|
|Class and type:|
|Displacement:||2,075 long tons (2,108 t)|
|Length:||250 ft (76 m)|
|Beam:||42 ft (13 m)|
|Draft:||12 ft 11 in (3.94 m)|
|Propulsion:||1 × General Electric turbine-driven 3,350 shp (2,500 kW) electric motor, 2 boilers|
US Coast Guard - Tahoe
Royal Navy - Fishguard
As part of the Lend-Lease Act she was transferred to the Royal Navy where she was renamed HMS Fishguard (Y59) and commissioned on 12 May 1941. In May 1944, the crew of Fishguard boarded U-852 and captured her crew after she was damaged by British aircraft. At the end of the war, in March 1946, Fishguard was returned to the USCG.