UFO 1 is the debut album by British rock band UFO. It was first released in the UK by Beacon Records in October 1970. The first US release was on Rare Earth Records in April 1971. Neither of these releases charted; however, the album did become a success in Germany and Japan.
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Jackson Studios, Rickmansworth, Herts, England|
|Producer||Guy Fletcher, Doug Flett, Milton Samuel|
|Singles from UFO1|
The album was reissued under the name Unidentified Flying Object with 4 of the 5 tracks from the band's second album. This reissue incorrectly shows a photo of the band from the 1980s on the cover.
The album was also reissued on the Flying, The Early Years compilation, along with all of the band's other pre-Schenker work. It was also given a straight reissue under the name All The Hits & More - The Early Days (XXX Media, Germany, 2011), with no additional tracks.
|1.||"Unidentified Flying Object"||2:19|
|2.||"Boogie for George"||4:16|
|3.||"C'mon Everybody"||Eddie Cochran, Jerry Capehart||3:12|
|4.||"Shake It About"||3:47|
|5.||"(Come Away) Melinda"||Fred Hellerman, Fran Minkoff||5:04|
|7.||"Follow You Home"||Way||2:13|
|9.||"Who Do You Love?"||Ellas McDaniel (Bo Diddley)||7:49|
- "Unidentified Flying Object" is an instrumental.
- "Boogie for George" was shortened in "Boogie" on the CD reissue (1994, Repertoire Records).
- Guy Fletcher, Doug Flett - producers
- Milton Samuel - executive producer
- Neil Daniels (18 November 2013). High Stakes & Dangerous Men: The UFO Story. Soundcheck Books. pp. 9–. ISBN 978-0-9571442-6-2.
- Graham Betts (2 June 2014). Motown Encyclopedia. AC Publishing. p. 676. ISBN 978-1-311-44154-6.
- Anderson, Jason. "UFO UFO1 review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 19 July 2011.