Type 075 landing helicopter dock
The Type 075 landing helicopter dock is a class of Chinese amphibious assault ship under construction by the Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding company. The Type 075 helicopter dock is a new generation of amphibious assault vessel and far larger than similar ships previously constructed for the PLA Navy. The Type 075 would give the Chinese navy the ability to launch various types of helicopters to attack naval vessels, enemy ground forces or submarines. The vessels will also be able to deploy landing craft and troops, plus house command and control operations.
|Preceded by:||Type 071 amphibious transport dock|
|Type:||Amphibious assault ship|
|Displacement:||35–40,000 tonnes (full load)|
|Aircraft carried:||30 attack helicopters per dock|
|Aviation facilities:||Hangar deck|
On September 25, 2019 the PLAN officially launched the first Type 075. A second Type 075 is being simultaneously built in the same dry dock as the first Type 075 and is likely that the third planned Type 075 will be built in the same location.
In term of size and tonnage, Type 075 class is estimated to be larger than the Australian Canberra class or French Mistral class and second only to the U.S. Navy's Wasp class and America class on the world stage.
Ships of the class
|1||Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.||25 September 2019||Eastern Fleet||Fitting out|
|2||Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.||2020 est||Eastern Fleet||Under construction|
|3||Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.||2021 est||Eastern Fleet||Planned|
- Joe, Rick (17 July 2019). "The Future of China's Amphibious Assault Fleet". The Diplomat. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "中国或已开建两栖攻击舰两年内下水 首批有望造3艘". Sina Military (in Chinese). 14 June 2018. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- Vavasseur, Xavier (25 September 2019). "China Launches 1st Type 075 LHD for PLAN". Naval News. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- Rogoway, Tyler (22 August 2019). "China's New Amphibious Assault Ship Is A Monster". The Drive. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- Chan, Minnie (29 March 2017). "China building navy's biggest amphibious assault vessel, sources say". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- O'Connor, Sean (27 August 2019). "China building second Type 075 LHD". Jane's 360. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- Sutton, H I (24 September 2019). "Intelligence Suggests Imminent Launch Of China's New Amphibious Assault Carrier". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- Lendon, Brad (26 September 2019). "China launches amphibious assault ship, giving a big boost to its coastal warfare capabilities". CNN. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- Tate, Andrew (25 September 2019). "Chinese navy holds launch ceremony for first helicopter carrier". Jane's 360. Retrieved 2019-10-07.