|Date of birth||24 July 1991|
|Place of birth||London, England|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Forward, Winger|
|Saint Louis FC|
|2014||South Florida Bulls||10||(4)|
|2013||Orlando City U-23||14||(15)|
|2015–2016||Queens Park Rangers||1||(0)|
|2015||→ Newport County (loan)||3||(1)|
|2018||Swope Park Rangers||34||(8)|
|2019–||Saint Louis FC||13||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 October 2019|
Youth and College
Born in London, the former Northampton Town trainee moved to the United States on a football scholarship after giving up on football in England. Blackwood started his scholarship at the University of Tampa. Blackwood played two seasons at the university, making 33 appearances for the Spartans scoring 24 goals and racking up 8 assists. Blackwood also received both the player of the year, and offensive player of the year award two years running, breaking several records at the university.
For his final year of collegiate eligibility Blackwood transferred to nearby NCAA Division 1 school University of South Florida. Blackwood played 18 games for the Bulls, scoring 4 goals and making 3 assists.
Blackwood was overlooked for the 2015 MLS draft, and returned to England and earned a trial at Queens Park Rangers. He successfully impressed during his trial, and signed his first professional deal with QPR.
Queens Park Rangers
After impressing during a trial, on 10 July 2015 Blackwood signed a one-year deal starting from 1 August 2015 with Queens Park Rangers. Blackwood scored six goals in total during his first spell with Rangers at the tail end of the previous 2014–15 season, before signing for the club, including a match-winning brace for the Under-21s at Crewe Alexandra and another double in a first team friendly with Norwich City.
On 12 August 2015 Blackwood made his professional debut in Queens Park Rangers 0–3 win over Yeovil Town in the first round of the 2015–16 Football League Cup as a substitute replacing Matt Phillips in the 70th minute at Huish Park.
Newport County (loan)
On 24 September 2015 Blackwood joined League Two club Newport County on a one-month loan. He made his debut for Newport on 26 September as a 60th-minute substitute in a match against Carlisle United. In the 68th minute Blackwood scored a headed goal and Newport went on to win the match 1–0.
- As of match played 3 November 2015
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Queens Park Rangers||2015–16||Championship||1||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||2||0|
|Newport County (loan)||2015–16||League Two||3||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||1|
- "Tyler Blackwood". 11v11. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "USF Men's Soccer Bio Tyler Blackwood". Go USF Bulls. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "QPR SIGN TYLER BLACKWOOD". Queens Park Rangers F.C. 10 July 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Yeovil 0-3 QPR". BBC Sport. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Newport sign Tyler Blackwood and Janoi Donacien on loan". BBC Sport. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Carlisle 0-1 Newport". BBC Sport. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Games played by Tyler Blackwood in 2015/2016". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Tyler Blackwood at Soccerbase