Tuula Irmeli Haatainen (born 11 February 1960 in Tuusniemi) is a Finnish politician and a member of the Finnish Parliament, with the Social Democratic Party. She was the Minister of Education 2003–2005 and the Minister of Social Affairs and Health 2005–2007.
|Minister of Education|
17 April 2003 – 23 September 2005
|Prime Minister||Anneli Jäätteenmäki|
|Preceded by||Maija-Liisa Rask|
|Succeeded by||Antti Kalliomäki|
|Minister of Social Affairs and Health|
24 September 2005 – 18 April 2007
|Prime Minister||Matti Vanhanen|
|Preceded by||Sinikka Mönkäre|
|Succeeded by||Liisa Hyssälä|
|Minister of Employment|
|Assumed office |
10 December 2019
|Prime Minister||Sanna Marin|
|Preceded by||Timo Harakka|
|Born||11 February 1960|
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
On 2 September 2017, Haatainen was nominated as the candidate of the Social Democratic Party in 2018 presidential election. In the election, Haatainen placed sixth with 3.3 percent of the votes, while the incumbent president Sauli Niinistö went on to secure his second term with a majority of votes.
After the presidential election, on 5 February 2018, Haatainen was elected as the Second Deputy Speaker of the Parliament. She served in the position until the collapse of Rinne Cabinet in December 2019, after which she joined the subsequent Marin Cabinet as Minister of Employment.
- "Tuula Haatainen". Eduskunta. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Tuula Haatainen Helsingin apulaiskaupunginjohtajaksi". Yle. 10 June 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Valitut ehdokkaat Helsingin vaalipiiri". Ministry of Justice. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Tuula Haatainen Sdp:n presidenttiehdokkaaksi" (in Finnish). Ilta-Sanomat. 2 September 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Presidentinvaali 2018, 1. vaali: Ehdokkaiden äänet" (in Finnish). Ministry of Justice. 28 January 2018. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Eduskunta valitsi uudeksi puhemieheksi sote-konkari Paula Risikon – myös protestiääniä jätettiin". Yle. 5 February 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Tässä ovat Marinin hallituksen ministerit – joukko äänikuningattaria, pikapaluun tekijä, maailman nuorin pääministeri" (in Finnish). Yle. 9 December 2019. Retrieved 11 December 2019.