Turi Pandolfini (1 November 1883 – 6 March 1962) was an Italian stage and film character actor. He appeared in 46 films between 1917 and 1961.
Turi Pandolfini as Cannizzaro in It Happened at the Police Station (1954)
|Died||6 March 1962 78) (aged|
Catania, Sicily, Italy
Life and career
Born in Catania, Sicily as Salvatore Pandolfini, the nephew of the actor Angelo Musco, he started his career at young age in small local companies before joining the company of his famous uncle in which he created a large number of successful macchiette ( (i.e. comical monologues caricaturing stock characters).
Pandolfini was also very active in films starting from the advent of sound, and reached the peak of his popularity in the fifties. He was one of the founders of the Teatro Stabile di Catania.
- The Marquis of Ruvolito (1939)
- In the Name of the Law (1949)
- The Fighting Men (1950)
- The City Stands Trial (1952)
- Noi peccatori (1953)
- Siamo tutti inquilini (1953)
- Easy Years (1953)
- Schiava del peccato (1954)
- It Happened at the Police Station (1954)
- Of Life and Love (1954)
- High School (1954)
- A Slice of Life (1954)
- Un giorno in pretura (1954)
- The Three Thieves (1954)
- Le signorine dello 04 (1955)
- New Moon (1955)
- Bravissimo (1955)
- Buonanotte... avvocato! (1955)
- I pinguini ci guardano (1956)
- Arrivano i dollari! (1957)
- Lazzarella (1957)
- Three Strangers in Rome (1958)
- Legs of Gold (1958)
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Gli attori. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402697.
- Caterina Napoleone. Enciclopedia della Sicilia. Ricci, 2007. ISBN 8897154018.
- Chiara Merli. Il teatro ad iniziativa pubblica in Italia. LED Edizioni Universitarie, 2007. ISBN 8879163507.