Tuccio Musumeci (born 20 April 1934) is an Italian actor and comedian.
Life and career
Born in Catania, Musumeci started his career in the 1960s, performing in local cabarets and avanspettacolo companies.
The turning point in his career was entering the stage company of the Teatro Stabile di Catania with whom he began acting in plays, mostly comedies, both in Italian and in Sicilian.
Musumeci intensively worked for television (beginning in 1959) and in the theater. Less active on films, after a bit part in The Leopard, he appeared in a good number of comedy films between the 1970s and 1980s, sometimes in leading roles.
- La ragazza del prete (1970)
- Holy Water Joe (1971)
- The Seduction of Mimi (1972)
- Il lumacone (1974)
- Virility (1974)
- L'adolescente (1976)
- La gatta da pelare (1981)
- Open Doors (1990)
- La matassa (2009)
- Italo (2014)
- Santino Mirabella. In scena - conversazioni con Tuccio Musumeci. Flaccovio Editore, 2011. ISBN 9788878043022.
- Enrico Lancia; Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Gli artisti. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402697.
- Felice Cappa; Piero Gelli; Marco Mattarozzi. Dizionario dello spettacolo del '900. Baldini & Castoldi, 1998. ISBN 8880892959.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.