Truxa is a 1937 German drama film directed by Hans H. Zerlett and starring La Jana, Hannes Stelzer and Ernst Fritz Fürbringer. It is a Circus film, based on a novel by Heinrich Seiler. The film was released in the United States and was one of the most successful German films show in America that year.
|Directed by||Hans H. Zerlett|
|Produced by||Karl Julius Fritzsche|
|Written by||Heinrich Seiler (novel) |
Hans H. Zerlett
|Starring||La Jana |
Ernst Fritz Fürbringer
|Music by||Leo Leux |
|Edited by||Walter Fredersdorf|
|Distributed by||Europa Film|
|19 January 1937|
It was remade in Britain the following year as Star of the Circus.
- La Jana as Yester, Tänzerin
- Hannes Stelzer as Husen, Drahtseilkünstler
- Ernst Fritz Fürbringer as Garvin, Illusionist
- Mady Rahl as Hilde, Garvins Assistentin
- Peter Elsholtz as Truxa, Artist
- Rudi Godden as Peters, Inspizient
- Rudolf Klein-Rogge as Varieté-Direktor
- Eva Tinschmann as Frau Schilp
- Hedi Höpfner as 1. Tänzerin
- Margot Höpfner as 2. Tänzerin
- Erwin Biegel as Pipo, Clown
- Curt Lucas as Jimmy, Garvins Assistenz
- Bertold Reissig as Bühnenportier
- Alfred Stratmann as Nachtwächter
- Hermann Pfeiffer as Varieté-Agent
- Marie Sera as Therese, Yesters Gardrobiere
- Barbara Galloni as Sekretärin
- Fritz Linn as Theaterarzt
- Edgard Eitner as Drahtseilartist
- Julius Eckhoff as Varieté-Künstler
- Curt Cappi as Kellner
- Karin Luesebrink as Nummerngirl
- Hans Söhnker as Chef einer Tanzgrippe
- Waldman p.152
- O'Brien, Mary-Elizabeth. Nazi Cinema as Enchantment: The Politics of Entertainment in the Third Reich. Boydell & Brewer, 2006.
- Waldman, Harry. Nazi Films In America, 1933-1942. McFarland & Company, 2008.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.