Truven Health Analytics
Truven Health Analytics is a IBM Watson Health Company that provides healthcare data and analytics services. It provides information, analytic tools, benchmarks, research, and services to the healthcare industry, including hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. Truven is a portmanteau of the words "trusted" and "proven".
25+ facilities in 10+ countries
|Mike Boswood (CEO)|
Number of employees
Thomson Healthcare was a division of Thomson Corporation until 2008, when, following Thomson's merger with Reuters, it became the healthcare unit of Thomson Reuters. On April 23, 2012, Thomson Reuters agreed to sell it to Veritas Capital for US$1.25 billion. On June 6, 2012, the sale was finalized and the new company, Truven Health Analytics, became an independent organization solely focused on healthcare.
IBM Corporation acquired Truven on February 18, 2016, and merged it with IBM's Watson Health unit.
Truven Health offers healthcare data management, analytics, services and consulting to customers across the healthcare industry including hospitals & health systems, employers, health plans, life sciences companies, and state & federal government agencies. Its brands include 100 Top Hospitals, Action OI, Advantage Suite, CareDiscovery, MarketScan, Micromedex, and Simpler.
Micromedex Clinical Knowledge Suite
Micromedex is an online evidence-based database that includes "in-line" referenced information about drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine for healthcare professionals to make informed clinical diagnosis and treatment decisions. Micromedex is delivered through a web portal and IP recognition. Additionally, Micromedex maintains drug information reference mobile applications.
CareNotes is a patient education product with information about aspects of patient care (General Information, Precare, InPatient Care, Discharge and AfterCare), medical conditions and treatment, medications, laboratory test and health, in up to 15 languages. Contains more than 7,000 documents.
RED BOOK Online
Access through Micromedex. Provides daily access to drug pricing and descriptive information for more than 200,000 active and deactivated FDA-approved prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, nutraceuticals, bulk chemicals as well as for some medical devices and supplies.
Formulary Advisor is an easy-to-use online formulary management tool to effectively manage and update a hospital's formulary and communicate the most current formulary information facility-wide.
PDR Electronic Library
The PDR Electronic Library provides instant access to FDA approved drug information to include drug interactions, side effects, recommended dosages, contraindications, and more.
NeoFax and Pediatrics
Access through Micromedex. NeoFax / Pediatrics is an online evidence based database covering drugs and enteral formulas in neonatal patients (0 to 29 days old) and pediatric patients (1 month to 18 years old). Provides calculators for patient specific dosage.
- "IBM to acquire Truven Health Analytics for $2.6 billion". Reuters. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Announcing Truven Health Analytics. June 6, 2012. http://truvenhealth.com/blog/announcing-truven-health-analytics
- Official Press Release Archived April 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Veritas completes purchase of Thomson health unit". Reuters. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- "IBM Watson Health Announces Plans to Acquire Truven Health Analytics for $2.6B, Extending Its Leadership in Value-Based Care Solutions". IBM. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- Truven Health Products: Please Login. Micromedex Solutions Web Application Access Portal. https://www.micromedexsolutions.com/home/dispatch
- "IBM Micromedex Drug Info". Apple. Retrieved 2019-01-29.