Truvelo Armoury is a South African firearms manufacturer. It is a division of Truvelo Manufacturers (Pty) Ltd and was established in 1994. The company produces a range of rifles and other small arms for military, law enforcement and civilian users.
Libyan civil war controversy
Discovery of Truvelo sniper rifles in Libya during the 2011 Libyan civil war caused considerable controversy, in parliament and in the press with various government officials making contradictory statements about the matter. The international NGO, Human Rights Watch discovered documents proving the sale in Tripoli.
- Truvelo.co.za – Company
- "Eurosatory 2010 – Truvelo adds to sniper rifle range". 2012-04-24. Archived from the original on 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2017-08-31.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Truvelo Raptor assault rifle series (South Africa) – Jane's Infantry". 2012-07-07. Archived from the original on 2012-07-07.
- DefenceWeb.co.za – Truvelo rifle captured in Libya
- "SA sniper rifles used in Libya". News24. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Documents found in Libya show SA sent sniper rifles | IOL Daily News". Retrieved 2017-08-31.