Trunk Crime is a 1939 British thriller film directed by Roy Boulting and starring Manning Whiley, Barbara Everest and Michael Drake. It was made at Elstree Studios as a quota quickie. The film's sets were designed by Duncan Sutherland.
|Directed by||Roy Boulting|
|Produced by||John Boulting|
|Written by||Reginald Denham (play) |
Edward Percy (play)
|Starring||Manning Whiley |
|Music by||Charles Brill|
|Edited by||Clifford Boote |
Charter Film Productions
|Distributed by||Anglo-American Film Corporation|
|25 September 1939|
- Manning Whiley as Bentley
- Barbara Everest as Ursula
- Michael Drake as Grierson
- Hay Petrie as Old Dan
- Thorley Walters as Huey Frazer
- David Keir as Quiney
- Howard Douglas as The landlord
- Tom Gill as Undergraduate
- Lewis Stringer as Hearty, Undergraduate
- Ian Fulton as Undergraduate
- Geoffrey Gabriel as Undergraduate
- Eileen Bennett as Eve
- Pamela Sharpe as Annie
- Charles Stephenson as The porter
- Patch as The Dog
- Wood p.101
- Chibnall, Steve. Quota Quickies: The Birth of the British 'B' Film. British Film Institute, 2007.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.