Tropical Trouble is a 1936 British comedy film directed by Harry Hughes and starring Douglass Montgomery, Betty Ann Davies and Alfred Drayton. It was based on the novel Bunga-Bunga by Stephen King-Hall. A series of misunderstandings leads to a colonial governor's wife suspecting him of an affair with his assistant.
|Directed by||Harry Hughes|
|Produced by||Basil Humphrys|
|Written by||Vernon Harris |
Stephen King-Hall (novel)
|Starring||Douglass Montgomery |
Betty Ann Davies
|Music by||Eric Spear|
City Film Corporation
|Distributed by||General Film Distributors|
It was shot at Walton Studios.
- Douglass Montgomery as George Masterman
- Betty Ann Davies as Mary Masterman
- Alfred Drayton as Sir Monagu Thumpeter
- Natalie Hall as Louise van der Houten
- Sybil Grove as Lady Thumpeter
- Victor Stanley as Albert
- Gerald Barry as Sir Pomfrey Pogglethwaite
- Morris Harvey as Chief of the Bungs
- Marie Ault as Nonnie
- Vernon Harris as Martindale
- Wood p.88
- Sutton, David R. A chorus of raspberries: British film comedy 1929-1939. University of Exeter Press, 2000.