Tree of life (disambiguation)
The tree of life is a motif in various mythologies and a metaphor for the common descent of life on Earth.
|Look up tree of life in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tree of life may also refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- Charles Darwin and the Tree of Life, a 2009 BBC documentary
- T.o.L. ("Trees of Life"), the collective name for the creators of the film Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space
- The Tree of Life (film), a 2011 film directed by Terrence Malick
- The Tree of Life, English version of Geedka nolosha (1988), a short film from Somali writer and director Abdulkadir Ahmed Said
- Tree-of-Life, a plot device in the Known Space science fiction stories
- Tree of Life (novel), 1992 novel by the Guadeloupean writer, Maryse Condé
- The Tree of Life, novel by Chava Rosenfarb 1972
- The Tree of Life, novel by Hugh Nissenson 1985
- The Tree of Life (Bernice Summerfield), a 2005 Dr Who novel by Mark Michalowski
- The Tree of Life, an exposition of magick written by Israel Regardie in 1932
- Albero della Vita ("Tree of Life" in Italian), a 35 meter sculpture built for Expo 2015, Milan, Italy
- Tree of Life (craft), a clay sculpture style associated with Metepec, Mexico State
- Tree of Life (Kester), a 2005 Mozambican sculpture now in the British Museum, London, U.K.
- Tree of Life (sculpture), a 1964 sculpture by installed on the campus of University of Portland, Oregon, U.S.
- The Tree of Life (sculpture), a 2012 bronze sculpture and the Nuremberg Zoo, Germany
- Tree of Life (White), a 2002 sculpture at Mitchell Boulevard Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
- Metaphor: The Tree of Utah or "Tree of Life", a 1986 sculpture in the Utah desert, U.S.
- Trees of Life, a public art installation in Managua, Nicaragua
Other uses in arts and entertainment
- Tree of Life (Disney), the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park
- The Tree of Life (module), an accessory for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game
- The Tree of Life (TV series), a Bulgarian historical drama
- The Tree of Life, Stoclet Frieze, a 1909 painting by an Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt
- A major plot point in the 2008 game Prince of Persia (2008 video game)
- Árbol del Tule, a large tree in Mexico also known as the "Tree of Life"
- Tree of Life (Bahrain), a solitary tree in the desert of Bahrain
- Tree of life (biology), a metaphor describing the interrelatedness of living things through evolution
- Tree of Life Web Project, a collaborative project providing information about the diversity and phylogeny of life on Earth
- Arborvitae (Latin for tree of life), a genus of coniferous trees
- Arbor vitae (anatomy) (Latin for tree of life), the cerebellar white matter, named for its branched, tree-like appearance
Religion and spirituality
- Etz Chaim, a religious Hebrew term for "Tree of Life"
- Mesoamerican world tree, a motif in pre-Columbian Mesoamerican mythologies and iconographies
- Tree of Life – Or L'Simcha Congregation, a Conservative Jewish synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Tree of life (biblical), a tree at the center of the Garden of Eden
- Tree of life (Kabbalah), a mystical concept within the Kabbalah of Judaism
- Tree of life (Quran) or tree of immortality
- Tree of Life Christian Schools, a private school system in and near Columbus, Ohio
- Tree of Life Version, a Messianic Bible translation
- Tree of life vision, a more detailed description of Nephi's vision of the Tree of Life contained in the Book of Mormon
- The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, run by Gabriel Cousens
- Yggdrasil, the world tree in Norse mythology
- Tree of life (phylogenetics), a phylogenetic tree showing the evolutionary relationships among various biological species
- Arbor vitae (disambiguation)