Transdev Queensland Bus is an Australian operator of bus services in the Redland City region of Brisbane. It operates 31 services under contract to the Government of Queensland under the TransLink banner. It is a subsidiary of Transdev Australasia.
|Service area||Redland City|
|Service type||Bus operator|
|Fleet||138 (August 2014)|
|Chief executive||Tilly (Natalie) Loughborough - Managing Director|
In the 1960s Bayside Buslines was formed when Black & White Safety Bus Line and Blue & Silver Buses merged. In 1985 Bayside Buslines was sold to current Transit Systems owners Lance Francis, Graham Leishman and Neil Smith who owned Peninsula Bus Lines on the New South Wales Central Coast. In 1989 Bayside handed in its licences to operate in Lota, Manly and Wynnum, the services having become unprofitable following the reopening of the Cleveland railway line retaining its Redland City services.
In February 1991 Bayside along with Sunliner Express was placed in administration. The business continued to be operated by its administrator until sold in July 1992 to Geoff Todd.
In August 1997 Bayside was sold to National Bus Company. It was included in the May 1999 sale of National Bus Company to National Express. In August 1999 Redlands Transport was purchased with 20 buses.
In September 2004 National Express sold the business to Connex and renamed Connex Brisbane. In January 2006 it was rebranded as Veolia Transport.
In 2007 the business of Brooker's Coaches, Beenleigh was purchased. In July 2013 Veolia Transport Queensland was rebranded as Transdev Queensland.
Since 2016, Transdev Brisbane Ferries and Transdev Queensland share the same website and the brand Transdev Brisbane, but remain distinct and separate operations.
- Tilley, Bruce (1989). Queensland Private Buses. Elizabeth: Railmac Publications. pp. 5–7. ISBN 0 949817 71 6.
- "Bayside Buslines" Australian Bus Panorama issue 4/5 March 1989 page 23
- "Bayside-Sunliner Collapse" Australian Bus Panorama issue 6/8 May 1991 page 15
- "Bayside Bus Lines" Australian Bus Panorama issue 7/8 August 1992 page 48
- "National Bus Co Takes Over Bayside" Australian Bus Panorama issue 13/1 August 1997 page 20
- Acquisition of Australian urban bus operator National Bus Company Archived 25 January 2013 at Archive.today National Express 10 May 1999
- "Redlands Transport" Australian Bus Panorama issue 15/2 October 1999 page 51
- National Express sells buses The Age (Melbourne) 22 September 2004
- Connex pursues further development in Australia Connex press release 7 September 2004
- Connex acquires Brisbane and Perth companies Archived 16 June 2013 at Archive.today Australasian Bus & Coach
- Veolia changes name to Transdev Redland Times 2 July 2013
- Veolia Transport Queensland Australian Bus Fleet Lists