Tracy Ann Route
Tracy Ann Route (born February 23, 1985) is a Micronesian former swimmer, who specialized in sprint freestyle and butterfly events. She is a two-time Olympian (2000 and 2004), and holds numerous Pacific age group records in the freestyle and butterfly (both 50 and 100 m).
|Full name||Tracy Ann Route|
|Born||23 February 1985|
|Height||1.57 m (5 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||43 kg (95 lb)|
When Micronesia marked its Olympic debut at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Route competed as a 15-year-old in the women's 100 m butterfly. Swimming in heat one, she rounded out a field to last place and forty-ninth overall against Swaziland's Lisa de la Motte and Malta's Angela Galea with a slowest time of 1:13.53.
At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Route decided to swim only for the 50 m freestyle. She received a Universality place from FINA in an entry time of 32.44. She challenged six other swimmers in heat two, including 14-year-olds Sameera Al-Bitar of Bahrain and Christal Clashing of Antigua and Barbuda. She posted a lifetime best of 31.26 to earn a third spot by 0.26 of a second behind joint winners Al-Bitar and Ghazal El Jobeili of Lebanon. Route failed to advance into the semifinals, as she shared a sixty-fifth place tie with Maldives' Aminath Rouya Hussain on the last day of prelims.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Tracy Ann Route". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "Sydney 2000: Swimming – Women's 100m Butterfly Heat 1" (PDF). Sydney 2000. LA84 Foundation. p. 224. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 August 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Newberry, Paul (16 September 2000). "Thompson anchors U.S. relay win; Thorpe wins 400 free". Canoe.ca. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 50m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 2)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Minginifel qualifies for Athens Olympics". FSM National Government. 20 August 2004. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "Women's 50m Freestyle Heat 2". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 20 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (20 August 2004). "Women's 50 Freestyle, Prelims Day 7: Inky Sizzles in World Best 24.66, Joyce Next in PR 25.06, Jenny Thompson Makes It Too". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2013.