The Tržič Bistrica (Slovene: Tržiška Bistrica) is a river in Upper Carniola, Slovenia. The river is 27 kilometres (17 mi) in length. It starts in the Karawanks, runs through the Dovžan Gorge and the town of Tržič, and joins the Sava near Podbrezje.
The Tržič Bistrica in the Dovžan Gorge
|⁃ location||above Jelendol, Karawanks|
|⁃ elevation||1,460 m (4,790 ft)|
|the Sava, near Podbrezje|
|370 m (1,210 ft)|
|Length||27 km (17 mi)|
|Basin size||146 km2 (56 sq mi)|
|Progression||Sava→ Danube→ Black Sea|
- Rivers, longer than 25 km, and their catchment areas, Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- "Enough 'Gregorčki' in Tržič for a Guinness Record?". RTV SLO. March 11, 2016. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Brodar Bed & Breakfast". Visit Tržič. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Dozanova Soteska". Your Shot. National Geographic Society. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
Media related to Tržič Bistrica at Wikimedia Commons
- Condition of Tržič Bistrica - graphs, in the following order, of water level, flow and temperature data for the past 30 days (taken near Tržič by ARSO)