The Townsville Bulletin is a daily newspaper published in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. It is the only daily paper that serves the northern Queensland region. The paper has a print edition, a subscription World Wide Web edition, and a subscription digital edition.
Front page of the Townsville Bulletin
6 October 2007
|Type||Monday - Saturday newspaper|
|Owner(s)||News Corp Australia|
Level 2, 538 Flinders St
Townsville QLD 4810
The newspaper is published by The North Queensland Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, which is a subsidiary of News Limited. News Limited is Australia’s largest newspaper publisher and a subsidiary of News Corporation associated with Rupert Murdoch.
The newspaper employs over 100 people.
The Bulletin is published Monday through Saturday, with a higher price on the Saturday edition. It is in tabloid format. In 2006 the Bulletin had a readership (average) Monday to Friday of 84,000 (up 15.5% on 2005) and weekend readership (avg) of 104,000 (up 1.96% on 2005) and circulation (avg) of 27,187 Monday to Friday, weekend circulation (avg) of 41,814.
It was awarded News Limited's Regional Newspaper of the Year in 2009.
Aerial photos and maps
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 April 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Townsville Bulletin - Local and Regional News Townsville, Queensland, Australia". The North Queensland Newspaper Company Pty Ltd. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "The North Queensland Newspaper Company Pty. Limited: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "Roy Morgan Research cited by Australian Press Council State of the News Print Media in Australia Report 2006". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2007.
- "Audit Bureau of Circulation, Jan-June 2006 cited by Townsville Bulletin - Advertising". Archived from the original on 11 January 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2007.
- "State Library of Western Australia Online Catalogue/All Locations". Government of Western Australia, Department of Health, WA Health Libraries Network. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Baynes, Dan (28 September 2005). "Tigers Face Cowboys as Australia Gets 500/1 NRL Final". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- "Newspaper and magazine titles". Trove. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Newspaper Digitisation Program". Trove. Retrieved 24 July 2015.