|Other names||Tookie Smith|
|Known for||Eva Rawley – 227|
|Partner(s)||Robert De Niro (1988–96)|
|Family||Willi Smith (brother)|
She attended Fashion Institute of Technology.
Smith started her career in 1970 as a model, working for such brands as Chanel, Versace, Geoffrey Beene, Issey Miyake, Norma Kamali, Thierry Mugler, and Patrick Kelly. She also modeled for her brother's line.
She also had a successful print career, including a photo campaign for Yves St. Laurent as well as appearances in the magazines Vogue, ELLE, Ebony, Cosmopolitan, Redbook, and Seventeen. In 1978, Smith was named Bloomingdale's Model of the Year and became the first African–American model to have a mannequin designed in her likeness.
Smith had a restaurant in the West Village neighborhood of New York City called Toukie's.
From 1988 to 1996, Smith's long–term partner was actor Robert De Niro, with whom she had twin sons (Aaron Kendrick De Niro and Julian Henry De Niro, born 1995) conceived by in vitro fertilization and delivered by a surrogate mother.
- Stark, John; Kevin Koffler (December 18, 1989). "The Worst of Times Are Over for 227's Red-Hot Toukie Smith". People (Vol. 32, No. 25). Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Hawkins, Timothy (February 23, 1990). "Toukie Smith Puts New Angles on Style". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Servin, James (June 28, 1992). "Woman About Town". The New York Times. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Morris, Bernadine (November 18, 1981). "Black Designers and Students Honored". The New York Times. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Als, Hilton (September 19, 1994). "Tou-Tou-Toukie, Hello". The New Yorker. p. 44. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Fabricant, Florence (September 14, 1994). "Off the Menu". The New York Times. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Brozan, Nadine (November 3, 1995). "Chronicle". The New York Times. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Gugliemi, Jodi (March 28, 2016). "Robert De Niro Reveals His Son Has Autism: Inside His Life as a Father". People. New York City: Meredith Corporation. Retrieved August 11, 2018.