|Look up torsion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Torsion may refer to:
- Torsion of a curve
- Torsion tensor in differential geometry
- Torsion (algebra)
- Torsion group in group theory and arithmetic geometry
- Tor functor
- Torsion-free module
- Reidemeister torsion (also called R-torsion, Franz torsion, de Rham torsion) and analytic torsion (also called Ray-Singer torsion)
- Whitehead torsion
- Of bones, "torsion fracture" is another term for spiral fracture.
- Of organs, torsion refers to twisting, in particular twisting that interrupts the blood supply to that organ, e.g. splenic torsion, ovarian torsion, or testicular torsion.
- Torsion of the digestive tract in some domestic animals:
Physics and engineering
- Torsion field (pseudoscience), a field alleged to make faster-than-light communication and paranormal phenomena possible
- Torsion (gastropod), a developmental feature of all gastropods