Too Young to Love (film)
|Too Young to Love|
Original British quad poster
|Directed by||Muriel Box|
|Produced by||Herbert Smith|
|Written by||Muriel Box|
|Based on||Pickup Girl (play)|
by Elsa Shelley
|Music by||Bruce Montgomery|
|Edited by||Jean Barker|
Welbeck Films Ltd.
|Distributed by||J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors (UK)|
In juvenile court, 15-year-old Elizabeth (Pauline Hahn) recounts her story (in flashback) before the judge. Elizabeth lives with her working mother in New York while her father is away working in California. Elizabeth's tale is one of parental neglect and lack of guidance. She gets in with "the wrong crowd". After an affair with a sailor, she has an abortion and is eventually arrested for teenage prostitution. The judge (Thomas Mitchell) is sympathetic, but Elizabeth's fate hangs in the balance.
- Pauline Hahn as Elizabeth Collins
- Joan Miller as Mrs. Collins
- Austin Willis as Mr. Collins
- Vivian Matalon as Larry Webster
- Jess Conrad as Peter Martin
- Sheila Gallagher as Ruby Lockwood
- Alan Gifford as Mr. Elliot
- Miki Iveria as Mrs. Martin
- Cec Linder as Mr. Brill
- Bessie Love as Mrs. Busch
- Thomas Mitchell as Judge Bentley
- Cal McCord as Owens
- Robert Henderson as Kellerer
TV Guide wrote, "(Thomas) Mitchell does all he can to keep this picture from failing, but it's not enough...this is hurt mainly by its excess of courtroom scenes."
- "Too Young to Love (1959)". British Film Institute.
- Eleanor Mannikka. "Too Young to Love (1960) – Muriel Box – Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related – AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Too Young To Love". TVGuide.com.