Tony Kearney is a Scottish actor and TV presenter. He is best known for playing Scott Wallace in the BBC Scotland soap opera, River City. He previously appeared for six years in Machair, a Scottish Gaelic soap.
Kearney presented Blasad, a 2010 series on BBC Alba where he speaks with guests about food. Kearney stars in Turas Tony, a 2011 BBC Alba series on where he takes on a number of challenges. These include running a hotel, joining a mountain rescue team, and working as a chef in a restaurant. He has also appeared on Taggart and Wheel of Fortune.
In August 2019 he will provide commentary for the Scottish broadcast of the Eurovision Choir 2019 contest.
|28 October 2003||The Time Between Two Tides||Cass||Gaynor Macfarlane||BBC Radio 4 Afternoon Play|
|8 January 2004||Bampot Central||Jyzer||Lu Kemp||BBC Radio 3 The Wire|
|29 March 2004||Nude, Untitled||Davey||Lu Kemp||BBC Radio 4 Afternoon Play|
|8 December 2005||Iona||Andrew||?||BBC Radio 3 The Wire|
- English, Paul (2006). "Scott's suicidal but I couldn't be happier". Daily Record. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "Food For Thought With Tony Kearney On BBC Alba". MG Alba. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- English, Paul (8 July 2011). "In at the deep end: River City actor Tony Kearney goes to extremes for new role". Daily Record. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "Most eligible men 2003 - Tony Kearney". Scotland On Sunday. 7 November 2003. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- Fisher, Mark (22 March 2011). "Somersaults - review". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- Granger, Anthony (7 July 2019). "Scotland: Tony Kearney to Commentate at Eurovision Choir". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 7 July 2019.
- BBC – The Wire – Bampot Central
- BBC – The Wire – Iona