Tom Young (Australian footballer)
Young playing for Sydney University in June 2016
|Full name||Tom Young|
|Date of birth||26 April 1992|
No. 104, 2010 National Draft|
(promoted from NSW scholarship list)
|Height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (201 lb)|
|2013–2014||Western Bulldogs||17 (3)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2014.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Young originally played for the Wollondilly Junior Football Club, near Bowral in New South Wales. He then played football in Campbelltown and then for the Sydney University Australian National Football Club. In 2009, he represented NSW/ACT Rams at the AFL Under 18 Championships and also won the Sydney AFL Rising Star award whilst playing for Sydney Uni. In 2007 he was a recipient of a NSW AFL Scholarship from Collingwood, after being previously courted by other AFL clubs. He was named as Collingwood's best player in the reserves team in the Victorian Football League (VFL) in 2010, and was elevated to their senior list with the 104th selection in the 2010 AFL Draft.
Young made his AFL debut in Round 22, 2011 where he played the Brisbane Lions at the MCG.
Tom Young was traded to the Western Bulldogs during the 2012 trade period. Collingwood received pick 71 as their NSW scholarship player left after playing 9 games.
Young was delisted at the conclusion of the 2014 AFL season.
- "Tom Young to be drafted to Collingwood Senior List". suanfc.com. Archived from the original on 20 November 2015.
- "Three new faces for Pies". news.com.au.
- "Copeland Trophy win process Dane Swan is one of Collingwood's greats". news.com.au.
- "Who your club picked: Collingwood". adelaidenow.com.au.
- , he kicked 2 goals that game.Hulett, Nick (18 August 2011). "A NSW success story - Tom Young to debut".
- "Bulldogs announce list changes". Retrieved 24 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom Young (Australian footballer).|