It is located in the Central Finland region, near Jyväskylä. The municipality has a population of 2,396 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 413.94 square kilometres (159.82 sq mi) of which 52.44 km2 (20.25 sq mi) is water. The population density is 6.63 inhabitants per square kilometre (17.2/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Hankasalmi, Joutsa, Jyväskylä, Kangasniemi, Laukaa and Muurame.
Coat of arms
Location of Toivakka in Finland
|Coordinates: 62°06′N 026°05′E|
|• Municipal manager||Erkki Pyökkimies|
|• Total||413.94 km2 (159.82 sq mi)|
|• Land||361.50 km2 (139.58 sq mi)|
|• Water||52.44 km2 (20.25 sq mi)|
|Area rank||212th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||247th largest in Finland|
|• Density||6.63/km2 (17.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.5% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.3%|
|• 15 to 64||63%|
|• 65 or older||20.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.5%|
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
There are altogether 82 lakes in Toivakka. The biggest lakes are Päijänne, Maunonen and Palosenjärvi.
Kambja Parish, Estonia
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population by municipality as of 31 December 2006". Population Information System (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Sõprussuhted" (in Estonian). Kambja vald. Archived from the original on 14 September 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- Municipality of Toivakka – Official website (in Finnish)