To the Point (TV program)
To the Point is an Australian television political commentary program broadcast 4 times weekly on Sky News Australia. The program was originally hosted by Kristina Keneally and Peter van Onselen. Van Onselen left the program in October 2017, replaced by Laura Jayes. The program premiered on 1 June 2015 and covers a range of political news as well as commentary and analysis from the hosts, plus guest contributors.
|To the Point|
|Genre||News, current affairs, commentary|
|Presented by||Peter van Onselen (2015–2017)|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||3|
|Running time||30 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Original network||Sky News Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||1 June 2015 –|
13 November 2017 (suspended thereafter)
|Preceded by||Lunchtime Agenda|
|Related shows||PVO NewsDay|
The program replaced Lunchtime Agenda in the 1:30pm AEST timeslot and serves as a lead-in to Parliament Question time during parliamentary sitting weeks. The program airs in-between PVO NewsDay, which van Onselen hosts solo.
For the 2016 election campaign, To the Point was extended to a one-hour program and from 16 May was moved to 1pm AEST.
- Knox, David (19 May 2015). "More politics in SKY News revamp". TV Tonight. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "SKY NEWS: new daytime and evening programming line-up". 20 May 2015. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Sky News changes: New set, new schedule, expanded lineup". Mediaweek. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Sky News expands roles of PVO and Stan Grant". MediaWeek. 20 May 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "Sky News shakes up line up with Peter Van Onselen moving to daytime show". Mumbrella. 18 May 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- David Lipson [@davidlipson] (29 May 2015). "Final #lunchagenda EVER shortly. Speaking to Indiginous Min Nigel Scullion about #Recognise + @AlanTudgeMP and Doug Cameron @SkyNewsAust" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Sky News – To The Point, interview with Laura Jayes and Peter Van Onselen". The Hon Andrew Robb AO MP. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "KKeneally on Twitter". Twitter. 9 May 2016. Archived from the original on 9 May 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "KKeneally on Twitter". Twitter. 16 May 2016. Archived from the original on 16 May 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- Sky News Australia [@SkyNewsAust] (14 November 2017). "Statement from Sky News Australia CEO Angelos Frangopoulos regarding Kristina Keneally" (Tweet). Retrieved 14 November 2017 – via Twitter.