Tivity Health is a provider of health improvement, nutrition, fitness and social engagement solutions. Tivity Health acquired Nutrisystem Inc. in March of 2019 to enable the company to provide a holistic set of fitness, nutrition and social engagement programs that address social determinants of health. Tivity Health is headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee with offices in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania and Chandler, Arizona. The company was founded in 1981 as American Healthways and rebranded to Tivity Health in 2017. Tivity Health is led by Chief Executive Officer Donato Tramuto.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: TVTY|
|United States, Brazil, France, Germany|
Number of employees
In 2010, Blue Zones and Healthways teamed up to create, support, and sustain a national movement to improve community health and well-being.
Also in 2013, Healthways contracted with Dean Ornish to operate and license his Lifestyle Management Programs.
Awards and Recognitions
- Holly Fletcher (January 10, 2017). "Healthways rebrands as Tivity Health". The Tennessean.
- Kennedy, Eleanor (30 October 2015). "New Healthways CEO: Performance has been 'unacceptable,' company 'suffered from a lack of focus'". Nashville Business Journal.
Tramuto [has] served as chairman of the company's board since last year, and was slated to officially take the CEO role Nov. 1, but appears to have done so earlier than planned.
- "Tivity Health, Inc. (TVTY)". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- "Tivity partners with Walmart Health". The Nashville Ledger. November 8, 2019.
- Allison Prang (December 10, 2018). "Tivity Health to Buy Nutrisystem for $1.4 Billion". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Tivity Health Inc". Bloomberg L.P. November 18, 2019.
- "American Healthways changes name, ticker symbol". Nashville Business Journal. 31 January 2006. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- David J. Craig. "BU spin-off creates online community of smokers kicking butts". Retrieved April 11, 2010.
- "Healthways Acquires HealthHonors To Advance Sustained Engagement in Healthy Behaviors". Benzinga. October 14, 2009.
- "Healthways, Blue Zones Enter into Exclusive Agreement to Improve Well-Being of U.S. Communities". www.businesswire.com.
- "Navvis Healthcare, LLC: Private Company Information". Bloomberg.
- "Check out the latest from Dave Ramsey!". www.daveramsey.com.
- "Healthways and Dr. Dean Ornish Join Forces to Bring Proven Treatment for Reversing Chronic Disease to Millions". marketwatch.com.
- Sharecare. "About Healthways". www.healthways.com.
- Ryan McBride (September 21, 2018). "MeYou Health Enters Social Gaming Realm with Daily Challenge for Improving Well-Being". Xconomy.
- "Tivity rural aging summit reception". NashvillePost.com. September 4, 2019.
- "The FSB One Hundred America's Fastest-Growing Small Companies". CNN Business. July 1, 2013.
- Business data for Tivity Health, Inc.: