Tivendale, Northern Territory
|Population||0 (2016 census)|
|Established||21 April 2004|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|Location||12 km (7 mi) E of Darwin City|
|LGA(s)||Northern Territory Rates Act Area|
Tivendale consists of land bounded partly by the Tiger Brennan Drive in the north and the Adelaide-Darwin Railway in the north-east and the east, and partly in the south by the Hudson Creek. The name is derived from a nearby road called Tivendale Road which is itself named after Lyle Mason Tivendale, a Northern Territory resident who worked as a stock and meat inspector and as a health inspector during the first half of the twentieth century. The suburb’s boundary and name were gazetted on 21 April 2004.
The 2016 Australian census which was conducted in August 2016 reports that Tivendale had no people living within its boundaries.
- "Place Names Place Names Register Extract for "Tivendale" (Suburb)". NT Place Names Register. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Tivendale (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- Burns, Christopher. B. (21 April 2004). "Place Names Act, Naming of Public Place ("East Arm localities")" (PDF). The Northern Territory Government Gazette. Northern Territory Government. p. 7. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
...the localities shown by thick black lines on the plans appearing in the Schedule be named East Arm, Hidden Valley, Tivendale, Tivendale, Tivendale, Wickham and Channel Island, as indicated on those plans.
- "Tivendale Postcode". postcode-finders.com.au. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Search result for 'Tivendale'". NT Atlas and Spatial Data Directory. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Division of Spillett". Northern Territory Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Federal electoral division of Solomon". Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics DARWIN AIRPORT (nearest weather station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- "Localities within Un-Incorporated area" (PDF). Place Names Committee. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.