Times-News (Hendersonville, North Carolina)
The Times-News is the daily newspaper for Hendersonville, North Carolina, and its surrounding area. It has served Henderson, Transylvania and Polk counties in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina since 1927. The Hendersonville Times began in 1881 and the Hendersonville News in 1894.
Front cover on February 28, 2012
|Headquarters||106 Henderson Crossing|
Hendersonville, NC, 28792
In December 1985, it became an A.M. paper and added a Sunday edition. With a daily circulation of approximately 15,000, the Times-News averages about 40,000 readers per day.
In May 2007, it relaunched its website (formerly known as HendersonvilleNews.com) as BlueRidgeNow.com.
The Times-News was owned by Halifax Media Group until 2015, when Halifax was acquired by New Media Investment Group.
- Kevin Drake - Publisher
- Jennifer Heaslip - Managing Editor
- Reporters - Rebecca Walter, Derek Lacey, Andrew Mundhenk, Dean Hensley, Joey Millwood and photographer Patrick Sullivan
- "Editorials". Times-News. April 27, 1992. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- New Media Announces Agreement to Acquire Halifax Media Group for $280.0 Million Archived 2016-03-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Halifax Media purchases 16 newspapers Archived 2012-01-09 at the Wayback Machine
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.