Timeline of the Syrian Civil War (May–August 2019)
- The Syrian Arab Army launched a ground offensive against HTS and NFL-held areas in northern Hama and southern Idlib, after six days of intensive airstrikes on the region by the SyAAF and RuAF. The Syrian Government stated that the assault was provoked by increased rebel attacks on government-held areas originating from within the demilitarized zone. The Idlib-based rebel groups stated that they believed the goal of the offensive would be to capture the M4 and M5 highways in the Idlib Governorate.
- Northwestern Syria offensive: The SAA captured the villages of Tel Othman, al-Bani and al-Janabara. It also targeted various Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, National Front for Liberation and Jaysh al-Izza positions with missiles and artillery. The pro-opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that at least 69 civilians and 41 insurgents had been killed up to that point, since the beginning of the escalation. The Russian Air Force intensified airstrikes against rebel groups, in response to missiles and mortar shells, that they stated had been fired against Russia's Khmeimim Air Base the previous day by unidentified militants. The Syrian Army reported that it had killed 15 rebels in the previous day, while losing 11 servicemen.
- Northwestern Syria offensive: Syrian Army captured the town of Kafr Nabudah after a brief battle.
- Northwestern Syria offensive: Syrian Army captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq as well as some surrounding villages.
- The Israeli Air Force announces destroying a Syrian air defense launcher and its operator after it says an anti-aircraft missile locked onto an Israeli plane conducting a "routine flight" over northern Israel. According to Syrian media, the strike took place near Khan Arnabah, very close to the Golan Heights border. The AA missile reportedly fell within Syrian territory.
- The UN questions the Russian Government in relation to 23 hospitals that have been hit by attacks since the Idlib offensive began in April.
On 12 July, Hezbollah announced that it was reducing its presence in Syria, stating that their presence was no longer necessary, as according to them the Syrian army had recovered.
- Syrian Air Force warplanes repeatedly strike a Turkish military convoy driving through the rebel-held region of Idlib, reportedly causing several casualties and forcing it to stop. Turkey claims the convoy was aiming to supply observation posts, while Syria accuses it of carrying weapons and ammunition to rebel groups.
- The Syrian Army captures the entire northern Hama-southern Idlib rebel pocket, asserting control over the strategic towns of Kafr Zita, Al-Lataminah and Murak, as well as numerous villages and an archaeological site, following the withdrawal of rebel forces.
- The Turkish observation post near Murak is encircled by government forces.
- More than 40 militants are killed by an American cruise missile strike targeting al-Qaeda-linked militants at a Huras al-Din base in Syria's rebel-held Idlib Governorate. Idlib had recently agreed a truce with the Syrian government.
- "Facebook shut down 49 groups being used by looters to sell stolen ancient artifacts like Roman mosaics". Business Insider. 2 May 2019.
- SouthFront (4 May 2019). "Turkish-Backed Militants Launch Surprise Military Operation In Northern Aleppo, Capture Key Town South Of Afrin (Photos)". Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Syrian Army Makes Key Advances in Hama, Commences Military Operations in Idlib". en.farsnews.com. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- "Syrian rebels say goal of Russia's Idlib assault is to take highways". Reuters. 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- "Syrian troops advance against insurgents in northwest". ABC News. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- Şafak, Yeni. "Intense fighting in NW Syria as army tries to capture last major opposition stronghold". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Alarm as dozens die in north Syria fighting". 2019-05-07. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Syria in Last 24 Hours: Army Makes Key Advances in Hama, Commences Military Operations in Idlib". en.farsnews.com. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Intense fighting in northwest Syria as army tries to advance". Reuters. 2019-05-07. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- ""Final Showdown" On Horizon In Idlib As Russia Ramps Up Airstrikes After Rocket Attacks". Zero Hedge. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Russia's Airbase at Syrian Hmeymim Came Under Shelling by Militants". Bulgarian Military Industry Review. 2019-05-07. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Syrian forces shell militants' positions near Aleppo — media". TASS (in Russian). Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "UAWire - Russian Khmeimim airbase in Syria attacked twice in one day". uawire.org. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Syrian government captures Qalaat al-Madiq". meo.com. Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- McKernan, Bethan; agencies (22 May 2019). "US investigating possible Assad chemical attack in Syria". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "الجيش السوري يخلي نقاطه من بلدة كفرنبوذة بريف حماة". 22 May 2019.
- "IAF destroys Syrian missile launcher after missile fired at Israeli plane". Jerusalem Post. 27 May 2019.
- "At least 14 civilians killed in air raid on Syria's Idlib". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "At least five killed in fresh attacks in Syria's northwest". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Syrian footballer and 'singer of revolution' killed in conflict | Syria | The Guardian". amp.theguardian.com. Retrieved 2019-06-18.
- "Syria repels 'Israeli missile strike' as IDF tries to suppress radars – state TV". www.rt.com. Retrieved 2019-06-18.
- "Syria state TV says wildfires spark explosion in army ammo depot west of Damascus". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-06-18.
- Press, Associated (2019-06-17). "Syrian insurgents shell government-held rural area, kill 12". New York Post. Retrieved 2019-06-18.
- "Dozens killed in heavy fighting in northwest Syria". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- "UN asks Russia for answers about bombed Syria hospitals". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- Kohlmann, Evan (2019-07-12). "Hezbollah's Nasrallah: "The Syrian Army has recovered greatly and as of today does not need us... We are still there [in Syria], but there is no purpose for us to be present in large numbers as it is no longer a practical necessity."". @IntelTweet. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "Hezbollah cut down its forces in Syria: Nasrallah". www.egyptindependent.com. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "Hezbollah Reduces Military Presence in Syria: Nasrallah". Basnews. 12 July 2019.
- Turkey's huge deployment signals extensive offensive east of Euphrates
- "Syria agrees to conditional ceasefire in rebel-held Idlib". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- France-Presse, Agence (2019-08-07). "Syria: Turkey and US reach deal to manage tensions over Kurds". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-08-25.
- "Syrian army takes strategic town from opposition forces in new advance". Middle East Monitor. 2019-08-11. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- "'Three killed' in Syrian strike on Turkish convoy". 2019-08-19. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- Mroue, Bassem (2019-08-20). "Militants leave key rebel town as Syrian troops push in". AP NEWS. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Syrian army takes towns in northwest that rebels held for years". Reuters. 2019-08-23. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "Syrian Regime Forces Surround Turkish Army Post". Asharq AL-awsat. Retrieved 2019-08-23.
- "Netanyahu hails Israel strikes against Syria to foil Iran 'killer drone attack'". theguardian. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Israel Strikes Syria, Says It Foiled Iranian Drone Attack". haaretz. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "Israeli jets strike in Syria to thwart attack by Iranian 'killer drones'". times of Israel. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- "U.S. forces strike Syrian al Qaeda facility: Defense Department". Reuters. 2019-08-31. Retrieved 2019-09-03.