Timeline of the Syrian Civil War (May–August 2018)
- After the departure of 1,600 Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) fighters and their families from al-Hajar al-Aswad and the Yarmouk Camp, government forces regained full territorial control over Damascus' suburbs and countryside for the first time in nearly seven years. The deal entailed that the evacuation towards the Eastern Syrian Desert by ISIL forces would be allowed.
- The Syrian government launches an offensive in the eastern part of the southern province of Daraa.
- The Royal Jordanian Army attacked Islamic State militants near the Jordanian border at the Yarmouk Valley.
- Russia criticized United States for not helping to fight against terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in Syria, Russian General Staff Main Operations Directorate Colonel General Sergei Rudskoi said in statements, "The Russian Federation regularly reported information about the escalation and dire humanitarian situation in southwestern Syria to the guarantor countries of the southern de-escalation zone the United States and Jordan. However, no measures were taken to stabilize the situation by foreign partners".
- Launching of Operations To Liberate Final ISIS Strongholds in Syria U.S. Department of State, 1 May 2018.
- Syria: US-backed forces launch 'final' operation against 'Islamic State' strongholds Deutsche Welle, 1 May 2018.
- "U.S. freezes funding for Syria's "White Helmets"". Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "US Department of State cuts off funding for Syria's White Helmets — media". Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Karam, Zeina. "Syrian media report Israeli attack near capital Damascus". AP News. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Iranian forces fire rockets at Israeli military in first direct attack ever, Israel's army says". The Washington Post. 10 May 2018.
- "Syrian government forces seize last rebel enclave in Homs". Yahoo News. 15 May 2018.
- "Syrian army statement: 1200 square kms in North Homs-South Hama back under SAA control". Khaled Iskef on Twitter, via syria.liveuamap. 16 May 2018.
- The regime forces start sweeping Yarmouk Camp after the end of existence of ISIS and the exit of hundreds towards the Syrian Desert, Syrian Observatory for Human Rights
- Osama Moussa and Tom Rollins Yarmouk, A Palestinian Tragedy Plays Out In Syria, Mada Masr, 24 May 2018
- Syrian cleric condemns 'flagrant looting' after regime captured Yarmouk, Al-Araby 24 May 2018
- "16 Civilians Killed in US Airstrike in Northeastern, Eastern Syria". Shiite News. Shiitenews.com.
- "Over dozen Iraqi refugees killed as US-led warplanes hit northeastern Syria". Shiite News. Shiitenews.com. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "More bombardment by the International Coalition raises to 11, the number of civilian casualties killed by their strikes during the last 24 hours south of al-Hasakah". Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Syrian Army Steps Up Attacks in Southwest, Jordan Concerned". 20 June 2018. Retrieved 4 July 2018 – via Haaretz.
- You're on your own, US tells Syrian rebels, as Assad goes on offensive, Guardian 24 June 2018
- "Rebels in southern Syria reach deal to end violence". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Сирийская армия взяла под контроль главный пограничный переход с Иорданией". 6 July 2018. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- agencies, The New Arab &. "Air strike kills 28 civilians in Syria's east". Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- U.S. Coalition Says It 'May Have' Launched Syria Strike That Killed Scores of Civilians, According to Monitor Newsweek, 13 July 2018.
- "Two Patriot missiles were launched at a Syrian Sukhoi fighter jet that infiltrated about 1 mile into Israeli airspace. The IDF monitored the fighter jet, which was then intercepted by the Patriot missiles". IDF spokesperson. 24 July 2018.
- "Jordan army says several ISIL fighters killed in border clashes". Al Jazeera English. August 2, 2018.
Military units used "all types of weapons" to shell a group of fighters who had come close to its side of the Yarmouk Valley in clashes that lasted nearly 20 hours from Tuesday to Wednesday afternoon, an army source told state news agency Petra.
- AFP, Pulse News Agency International by. "Syria rebel groups form new coalition as regime eyes Idlib". Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Russia says the U.S. did nothing to help Syria, and now Israel and Jordan face ISIS". 2 August 2018. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Masdar News – 6 August 2018". Retrieved 6 September 2018.