Time in Kentucky
Counties to the north and east of this boundary are in the Eastern Time Zone, while counties to the south and west are in the Central Time Zone.
IANA time zone database
|CC *||Coordinates *||TZ *||Comments *||UTC offset||UTC offset DST|
|US||+381515-0854534||America/Kentucky/Louisville||Eastern Time - Kentucky - Louisville area||−05:00||−04:00|
|US||+364947-0845057||America/Kentucky/Monticello||Eastern Time - Kentucky - Wayne County||−05:00||−04:00|
- The Floral Clock in Frankfort is a working clock that has a face planted with flowers, and is an attraction in its own right.
- The Colgate Clock in Clarksville, Indiana, is the second-largest timepiece in the world. It faces the Ohio River to its south, and is most typically viewed from across the river in Louisville.
- Louisville formerly featured a notable clock known as the Louisville Clock or the Derby Clock, which was 40-foot (12 m) high and decorated with mechanized sculptures. It was first installed in 1976 and after several relocations and various mechanical problems, was dismantled in 2015.
- 79 counties, totaling 24679.526 sq mi are in ET, while 40 counties, totaling 15473.36 sq mi are in CT, based on individual Wikipedia county articles as of 2012-05-21.
- "Colgate Clock". Roadside America. May 31, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- "10 Most Endangered: Colgate-Palmolive Plant and Clock". 10 Most Endangered Sites List. Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana. 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-07-15. Retrieved 2009-04-02.