Tim Broomhead (born 22 March 1994) is a professional Australian rules football player who plays for Collingwood in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was recruited by the club with draft pick #20 in the 2012 AFL Draft.
Broomhead playing for Collingwood in March 2017
|Full name||Tim Broomhead|
|Date of birth||22 March 1994|
|Original team(s)||Port Adelaide (SANFL)|
|Draft||No. 20, 2012 AFL Draft, Collingwood|
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of the 2019 season.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Due to getting glandular fever during the 2013 NAB Cup, Broomhead had to wait until Round 13 in 2014 to make his debut, coming on as a substitute against Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium. Broomhead remained in the side for the following game against Hawthorn and started as the substitute again but came on early during the second quarter replacing Tom Langdon with concussion. The following week he was dropped and returned to the VFL.
In round 2, 2018 against Greater Western Sydney at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Broomhead suffered a broken leg when he kicked the goal post after attempting to soccer the ball through. At the conclusion of the 2018 season, Collingwood delisted Broomhead, stating they will re-draft him as a rookie if he is available. A month later, Collingwood re-drafted Broomhead as a rookie with pick 17.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- King, Travis (15 June 2014). "Dogs shock stunned Pies in massive upset". AFL.com.au. BigPond.
- "Magpie Tim Broomhead breaks leg in sickening collision with goal post". The West Australian. Seven West Media. 31 March 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Four Pies sign on, five depart". Collingwood. Telstra Media. 30 October 2018.
- "The draft: All you need to know". Collingwood. Telstra Media. 23 November 2018.
- "Tim Broomhead". AFL Tables. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tim Broomhead.|
- Tim Broomhead's profile on the official website of the Collingwood Football Club
- Tim Broomhead's playing statistics from AFL Tables