Tietz is a surname, and may refer to:
- Anthony Tietz (1947), American research scientist and fermentation expert
- Anton Ferdinand Tietz (1742–1810), composer
- Gerold Tietz (* November 11, 1941 in Horka b. Dauba, Bohemia; † July 24, 2009 in Esslingen, Germany) was a German author.
- Hermann Tietz (1837–1907), merchant and founder of one of the first German department stores
- Hermann Tietz (rabbi) (September 3, 1834, (Birnbaum an der Warthe, today Międzychód), Kreis Birnbaum, Posen district, Germany) was a German rabbi.
- Leonhard Tietz (1849–1914), merchant and founder of one of the first German department stores
- Marion Tietz (born November 17, 1952) is a former East German handball player who competed in the 1976 Summer Olympics and in the 1980 Summer Olympics.
- Oscar Tietz (1858-1923), German merchant and businessman
- Phillip Tietz (born 1997), German footballer
- Viktor Tietz (1859–1937) Czech–German chess player, chess life organizer and local politician
- an old name of Tütz in Hinterpommern (now Tuczno in Poland)