Thumbtack is an online service that matches customers with local professionals. Currently, Thumbtack lists 1,100 types of services in categories such as home, wellness, events, and lessons.
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
In June 2010, Thumbtack.com raised $1.2 million in funding, primarily from angel investors. Investors include Scott Banister, Jason Calacanis and Joshua Schachter. In January 2012, Thumbtack raised another $4.5 million through a Series A round of venture capital funding. In June 2013, Thumbtack raised an additional $12.5 million through a Series B round of venture capital funding. In May 2014, Thumbtack raised $30 million through a Series C round of venture capital funding from Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. In August 2014, Thumbtack raised $100 million through a Series D round of venture capital funding, led by Google Capital. In September 2015, Thumbtack raised $125 million of venture capital funding, led by Baillie Gifford.
- Home Improvement
- Design and web
- Repair and technical support
- Writing, translation, and transcription
- Colleen Taylor (August 20, 2014). "12 Questions With The CEO Of Thumbtack, Google Capital's New $100 Million Bet". TechCrunch. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Thumbtack.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Well-known angels back local services startup Thumbtack.com".
- Crunchbase Profile for Thumbtack.com
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $4.5 million".
- "Thumbtack Partners with Sequoia to Reimagine Local Services".
- "Local Services Marketplace Thumbtack Raises $30 Million".
- "How Thumbtack Plans To Be Your One-Stop Local Services Shop For Plumbers, Chefs And Belly Dancers".
- Benner, Katie. "Thumbtack Raises New Funding at a $1.3 Billion Valuation". bits.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Thumbtack is raising up to $120M on a flat valuation". TechCrunch. Retrieved June 7, 2019.
- "Thumbtack Services". thumbtack.com. Retrieved July 21, 2019.