Three Is a Family
Three Is a Family is a 1944 American comedy film directed by Edward Ludwig and starring Marjorie Reynolds, Charlie Ruggles, and Fay Bainter. The film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Sound Recording (W. V. Wolfe).
|Three Is a Family|
|Directed by||Edward Ludwig|
John E. Burch (assistant)
|Produced by||Sol Lesser|
|Screenplay by||Harry Chandlee|
Marjorie L. Pfaelzer
|Based on||Three Is a Family|
by Henry Ephron and Phoebe Ephron
|Music by||Werner R. Heymann|
|Cinematography||Charles Lawton Jr.|
|Edited by||Robert O. Crandall|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
- Marjorie Reynolds as Kitty Mitchell
- Charlie Ruggles as Sam Whitaker
- Fay Bainter as Frances Whittaker
- Helen Broderick as Irma
- Arthur Lake as Archie Whittaker
- Hattie McDaniel as Maid
- Jeff Donnell as Hazel Whittaker
- John Philliber as Dr. Bartell
- Walter Catlett as Barney Meeker
- Clarence Kolb as Mr. Steele
- Else Janssen as Adelaide
- Renie Riano as Genevieve
- Warren Hymer as Coolie
- Clyde Fillmore as Mr. Spencer
- Christian Rub as Bellboy
- "Indies $70,000,000 Pix Output". Variety: 3. November 3, 1944. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Three Is a Family". NY Times. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "The 18th Academy Awards (1946) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved August 19, 2011.