Thomas Enevoldsen (born 27 July 1987) is a Danish professional footballer who plays as a forward for USL Championship side Sacramento Republic. He has played eleven games and scored one goal for the Denmark national football team.
Enevoldsen in 2012
|Date of birth||27 July 1987|
|Place of birth||Aalborg, Denmark|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Winger, Forward|
|St. Restrup IF|
|2014–2015||→ AaB (loan)||29||(4)|
|2018||Orange County SC||34||(20)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 October 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 29 March 2011
Enevoldsen was born in Aalborg. He got his domestic breakthrough during AaB's championship-winning 2007–08 Danish Superliga season. Enevoldsen played 31 of 33 Superliga games and scored three goals. He also played well at the European stage, and scored a goal at White Hart Lane against Tottenham Hotspur in the 2007–08 UEFA Cup, to put AaB one ahead in a game they eventually lost 3–2. On 3 April 2008, he was selected as Player of the Month in March by the managers and team captains of the Superliga clubs.
Enevoldsen played 28 games in the 2008–09 Danish Superliga season, as well as games in the European 2008–09 UEFA Champions League and 2008–09 UEFA Cup tournaments. In the Summer of 2009, Enevoldsen was linked with a transfer to S.L. Benfica.
At the start of the 2009–10 Danish Superliga season, Enevoldsen signed a five-year deal with Eredivisie club FC Groningen. Groningen paid a reported 9.3 million kroner (€1.25 million) for him. He scored his first three goals for FC Groningen in the same match on 13 December 2009 against Sparta Rotterdam. All goals were scored from outside of the penalty area.
Following the 2011–12 season, Enevoldsen moved to KV Mechelen.
Orange County SC
On 29 January 2019, Enevoldsen moved to USL side Indy Eleven.
Enevoldsen made his international debut with the Under-18 national selection in September 2004. He played a total of 26 youth international matches.
In October 2009, Enevoldsen was called up for the Danish national team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying games against Sweden and Hungary. He made his debut when he replaced Søren Larsen for the second half of the match against Hungary. He scored his first international goal in a May 2010 friendly match against Senegal. He played one game in the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 2007–08 Superliga
- "Om RIF fodbold" (in Danish). St. Restrup IF. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Hazard, Brian (3 April 2008). "Eden kåret som månedens spiller" (in Indonesian). AaB. Retrieved 6 April 2008.
- Hastrup Knudsen, Anders (17 March 2009). "Enevoldsen emne i Benfica". BT (in Danish). Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- "Enevoldsen glad for Benfica-interesse". bold.dk (in Danish). 18 March 2009. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- Garby, David (29 August 2009). "Groningen betaler 9,3 mio. for Enevoldsen" (in Indonesian). Bold.dk. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- "Orange County SC Sign Danish International Striker Thomas Enevoldsen". orangecountysoccer.com. Orange County SC. 10 February 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- National team profile
- Voetbal International profile
- Danish Superliga statistics
- Career statistics at Danmarks Radio