This Man in Paris
|This Man in Paris|
Australian theatrical poster
|Directed by||David MacDonald|
|Produced by||Anthony Havelock-Allan|
|Written by||Roger MacDougall |
|Starring||Barry K. Barnes |
|Edited by||Reginald Beck|
|Distributed by||Paramount British Pictures|
- Barry K. Barnes as Simon Drake
- Valerie Hobson as Pat Drake
- Alastair Sim as Lochlan Macgregor
- Edward Lexy as Holly
- Garry Marsh as Sergeant Bright
- Max Michel as Emile Beranger
- Mona Goya as Torch Bernal
- Anthony Shaw as General Craysham
- Cyril Chamberlain as Swindon
- Charles Oliver as Gaston
- Paul Sheridan as reception clerk
TV Guide gave the film two out of four stars, and wrote, "this well-done, clever comedy was a follow-up film to This Man is News, a British attempt to duplicate America's THIN MAN. However, this second film proved to be the last effort along those lines. Hobson is excellent in her role, though Barnes isn't quite the character he tries to be. Sim provides good comic support in another one of his eccentric specialties. Director MacDonald wins huzzahs for another entertaining middle-bracket crime story."
- Hal Erickson. "This Man Is News (1939) - David MacDonald - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "This Man in Paris (1939)". BFI.
- "This Man In Paris". TVGuide.com.