This Is My Love
This Is My Love is a 1954 American drama film directed by Stuart Heisler, written by Hugh Brooke and Hagar Wilde, and starring Linda Darnell, Rick Jason, Dan Duryea, Faith Domergue, Connie Russell and Hal Baylor. It was released on November 11, 1954, by RKO Pictures.
|This Is My Love|
|Directed by||Stuart Heisler|
|Produced by||Hugh Brooke|
|Screenplay by||Hugh Brooke|
|Story by||Hugh Brooke|
|Music by||Franz Waxman|
|Edited by||Otto Ludwig|
Allen Dowling Pictures
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
Vida Dove lives with younger sister Evelyn and brother-in-law Murray Myer, working in a diner he owns. A former beau of hers, Murray fell in love with her sister, married her, then became paralyzed from a car crash. He now suffers from frequent convulsions and is bitter and cruel to Vida, calling her a spinster and cajoling her to marry and move out.
Vida does have a boyfriend, Eddie Collins, but isn't crazy about him. She forms an instant attraction, however, when Eddie brings his handsome friend Glenn Harris to the diner. Glenn asks her out, but Vida is shocked to discover that Glenn is interested in the married Evelyn as well.
Murray has fits of jealous rage. He makes accusations against his wife when she comes home late. Vida is overjoyed when Glenn asks her on another date, then devastated to learn that Evelyn put him up to it, just to fool her husband. Vida can't believe her sister is going to steal a man she loves for the second time.
At home, Vida takes sleeping pills and neglects Murray, who goes into convulsions. Next morning, she finds him dead. A police investigation, however, shows that Murray received a fatal injection of poison before he died, and Evelyn immediately becomes their prime suspect. Vida refuses to help her sister, and Glenn comes to hate her for it. However, she seems to have a change of heart, and is last seen walking into the police station.
- Linda Darnell as Vida Dove
- Rick Jason as Glenn Harris
- Dan Duryea as Murray Myer
- Faith Domergue as Evelyn Myer
- Hal Baylor as Eddie Collins
- Connie Russell as Herself
- Jerry Mathers as David Myer
- Susie Mathers as Shirley Myer
- Mary Young as Mrs. Timberly
- William Hopper as District Attorney
- Stuart Randall as Investigator
- Kam Tong as Harry
- Judd Holdren as Doctor Raines
- Carl Switzer as Customer
- "This Is My Love (1954) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "This Is My Love". TV Guide. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Movie Review - This is My Love (1954) At the Palace". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 September 2014.