Theophilus Parsons (professor)
Parsons is remembered chiefly as the author of a series of useful legal treatises and some books in support of Swedenborgian doctrines. He wrote a life of his father, an American jurist, who was also named Theophilus Parsons (1749–1813). It was published in Boston in 1859. He also edited and published the Civil War letters of his daughter, Emily Elizabeth Parsons, a nurse and administrator of Benton Barracks military hospital in St. Louis, Mo.
He graduated from Harvard College in 1815.
- Theophilus Parsons. "Distinguished Lawyers," Albany Law Journal Aug. 20, 1870, pp 126-7 online.
- Theophilus Parsons. A treatise on the law of partnership (1866) online
- Theophilus Parsons. Outlines of the religion and philosophy of Swedenborg (1876) online
- Theophilus Parsons. A treatise on maritime law (1859) online
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. .