The Woman with No Name
The Woman with No Name is a 1950 British drama film directed by Ladislao Vajda and starring Phyllis Calvert, Edward Underdown, Helen Cherry, Richard Burton and James Hayter. In the United States it was released as Her Panelled Door.
|The Woman with No Name|
|Directed by||Ladislao Vajda|
|Produced by||John Stafford|
|Written by||Guy Morgan |
|Based on||novel "Happy Now I Go" by Theresa Charles|
|Starring||Phyllis Calvert |
|Music by||Allan Gray|
|Edited by||Richard Best|
Independent Film Producers
|Distributed by||Associated British-Pathé (UK)|
|October 1950 (UK)|
|Box office||£113,268 (UK)|
Yvonne Winter is an amnesiac, a victim of the wartime bombing of the London hotel where she's staying. At a country hospital she meets the pilot, Nick Chamerd, who saved her life. They fall in love and plan to marry, but he's killed on active duty. Yvonne's real husband hires detectives to find her, and she's brought home and starts to piece together her past. But not everything she finds there brings her happiness.
- Phyllis Calvert – Yvonne Winter
- Edward Underdown – Lake Winter
- Helen Cherry – Sybil
- Richard Burton – Nick Charmerd
- Anthony Nicholls – Doctor
- James Hayter – Captain Bradshawe
- Betty Ann Davies – Beatrice
- Amy Veness – Sophie
- Andrew Osborn – Paul Hammond
- Patrick Troughton – Colin
- Leslie Phillips – 1st sapper officer
- Terence Alexander – 2nd sapper officer
- Richard Pearson – Tony
- Vincent Porter, 'The Robert Clark Account', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Vol 20 No 4, 2000 p493
- "The Woman with No Name". BFI.
- "The-Woman-with-No-Name - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com.
- "Phyllis Calvert talks of home and career". The Australian Women's Weekly. 17, (50). Australia, Australia. 20 May 1950. p. 52. Retrieved 29 August 2017 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)